Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ultimate Relaxation!

Yesterday, I was treated to a massage at a spa with my husband. We got a couples massage and it was wonderful. I heard that regular massages were therapeutic for people with MS, but judging from yesterday's experience, I think they are essential.

My feet and hands have always given me problems, so I had the massage therapist focus primarily on these areas. I don't know if it was the increase blood flow that circulated to these areas, but I instantly felt a difference. Feeling started to come back to the bottom of my feet and I haven't had these sensations in many years.

Even today, my feet and hands feel better. My body is still completely relaxed. I am in awe of my massage experience. I want to tell everyone out there who suffers from MS or another ailment that massages do work!

I will add massages to my MS regiment along with healthy diet and exercise. Life comes at you hard, so we could all use an escape. Massages are a great way to put the hustle and bustle of the world on pause and yourself first for an hour.

No comments: