Monday, July 6, 2009

Need Sleep!

This weekend was the celebration of our country's independence. My family had there annual picnic a day early so that we could go to other picnics tht we were invited to. It was a great time seeing the fireworks and eating delicious BBQ.

My husbands sister came down from Florida for the weekend to celebrate her sons birthday. She previously made arrangements to stay with us and I was fine with it. She decided to stay at her mother-in-laws house for most of the weekend and come to our house to stay on Sunday to Monday. Well, she did stay with us, but ended up getting to our house at 10:00 P.M.

I was preparing for bed when she arrived, so I was shocked to see her at the door o late and unannounced. Naturally, we let her and the children in.

She said she wanted to spend atleast one night with us. Unfortunately, me and my husband had to work Monday, so we did not get to spend the time we wanted.

I was fine with her staying, but annoyed by the fact that she wanted us to entertain her for awhile knowing we had to get up early for work. It was 1:00 A.M. when I finally put my head on the pillow.

Here children were still running wildly and screaming until about 2:00 A.M. My husbands alarm clock got us up at 5:00 A.M.

Today, I am at work feeling lousy. After a long weekend of family gatherings. I wanted nothing more then to sleep before I went to work.

I was annoyed with my husband who did not tell them to quite down because I was sleeping.

Sometimes, I feel like he doesn't understand fully that I have a chronic disease and cannot afford to lose valuable rest - especially if I have to got to work a full-time job.

I know he wanted to make sure his family was comfortable, but I need to know that my rest is just as important to him as it is to me.

I wish I could stay up late and feel energized the way I felt in my early twenties, but much has changed since then. I don't know. Maybe I am just grouchy and maybe I need to tell him how I feel so he knows if there is a next time.

I just can't believe a screaming two-year-old banging kitchen cabinets would not alert my husband to tell them his wife is sleeping and they need to settle down. I am just asking for some consideration. It feels good to let those emotions out though.

No comments: