Thursday, January 8, 2009

The New Year

Well, it has been a long time since I have blogged about my MS. Life can come at you fast and suddenly you find that you have no time for the little things.

Today, I want to write about my MS anniversary, which was on January 4. I marked this day in my calendar hoping that I would remember. Well January 4th came and it wasn't until I went to bed that I had remembered that it was my MS anniversary. I lied there in bed thinking about the last 2 years that I had spent with this disease. It was quiet and I was able to reflect on my thoughts.

MS was something I never really thought about until I had a symptom that made sure I was reminded that I had this chronic disease. There was the monthly Tysabri injections that also made it quite clear, but I guess I tried to live my life as if there was nothing wrong with me, which I never really noticed until that night.

Physically, I feel fine, not many problems, thank God, but I realized that pushing this disease away was not going to make it go away. So for the firs time in 2 years, I really felt like I want to be more proactive with my MS life. It's apart of me and I shouldn't shun it away until it's in my face causing me pain, fatigue, and nervous twitches.

In 2009, I want to try and help find a cure for this disease. So, I am going to attend my first MS walk this coming April. I am actually looking forward to it. I will finally be around others who understand what it's like to live with this disease and maybe meet some new friends.

In this new year, I will be trying to have a baby as well. I have stopped taking my Tysabri medication since November and look forward to starting a family.

This year is going to be the start of many new changes in my life. And I welcome the new with open arms.

1 comment:

Diane J Standiford said...

MS usually gets better during pregnancy. They are not sure why.